- Distributed backend systems for multinational brands, and games with millions of daily users
- Data Processing Piplines, Recommendation Systems, Chatbots, Natural Language Processing
- Serverless, Kubernetes, Realtime-Analytics and Instrumentation
- Fluent in English, German, and Japanese
I am 41, enjoy tinkering with electronics and software, scuba diving, analog or digital games, and time with my family.
As an engineer i enjoy finding, proving, and iterating on creative solutions for complex problems.
Currently I work for GC Turbo Japan as the Lead Systems Engineer.
I work on backend services, data piplines, instrumentation, and chatbots for messenger games with millions of daily users. Currently my work is focussed on our latest title "Pokémon Medallion Battle".
A couple of open source libraries I have published:
- endless (Golang) - a drop-in replacement for the standard libraries HTTP server supporting binary reloads (zero downtime restarts)
- trie (Golang) - a prefix tree optimized for multibyte characters
- gDBPool (Python) - an asyncronous database pooling and execution library for Postgres
Since 2006 I live in Japan. After spending a year at language school I have worked freelance several years for local and international clients before joining Japanese startup gengo, software vendor thePlant, and messenger gaming companies Game Closure and GC Turbo.
My client work has been focused around architecting backend systems, data processing piplines, multi lingual search, product recommendations, and automated merchandising for clients like ASICS, or Lacoste.
A lot of my time in Europe i spent as full stack developer at and with various media agencies, and digital music distribution services.
I co-founded flewid media when I was 20 years old. We operated the largest youth community (remember when social was called like that) in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland and worked as a digital media agency.
At 19 I started working for digital media agency spray interactive - later razorfish.
I was born, went to High school, and did a year civilian service in Germany.